Mr Mandla Selby Maseko is a qualified, skilled and experienced performing arts management specialist and consultant. He has a degree in BA Dramatic Arts obtained at the University of Witwatersrand. Mr Maseko is currently enrolled at Wits for his Masters in the field of Arts. Additional qualifications include a Marketing Management certificate from the University of South Africa (UNISA), as well as a Project Management certificate from Pro-Active Public Institute.
Mr Maseko’s working experience includes project management for the National Department of Education which he has been doing for over ten years. He was appointed by the Minister to serve on the Arts and Culture task teams, committees and Boards. Mandla Maseko is the Founder and CEO of Black Eagle Media Group (PTY) Ltd that represent numerous high profile members.
Mr Maseko is a consultant actively involved in the music industry and is appointed to serve on the following Boards and Committees,
- AIRCO (Association of Independent Record Companies of South Africa) as their current Chairman and where he has been a Director since 2008
- Non-Executive Director of Downtown Music Hub where he was appointed by the Minister of Arts and Culture on 28 April 2010 to date.
- Former Secretariat member of the interim committee for the Cultural and Creative Industries Federation of South Africa (CCIFSA) where he was appointed by the Minister of Arts And Culture in March 2014.
- Former Secretariat of the South African Music Industries Council (SAMIC)- 2014 and
- Former Non-Executive member of the city of Johannesburg’s Roodepoort City Theatre (2012- 2013)
Mr Mandla Selby Maseko is currently a Trustee of IMPRA (Independent Music Performance Rights Association), an association specifically incorporated to collect Needle-Time royalties for its members.